Greg Sterling reminds us why we all chase advertising dollars from locally focused, small and medium businesses:
"We're in a recession; everything is down including local. And local is harder than other segments because of some of the factors mentioned above. SMBs are hard to sell to and they don’t spend lots online. But there are millions of SMBs online in various forms today. As I've argued before, from consumer behavior perspective, local/offline is a much, much bigger deal than anything else going on online. It's just often hard for people to see it."
Small Initiatives developed a new brand identity and Drupal-based Web site for Central Georgia Insurance, Inc., an independent insurance agency headquartered in Macon, Ga.
- Brand logo and collateral design, including color palette, letterhead, business cards, Web and PowerPoint templates
- Administration of a CentOS Linux Web server with secure certificate
- Installation and implementation of Drupal 6
- Extension of Drupal to support databases of insurance types and carriers offered by the agency
- Corporate computer systems and LAN upgrades
- Search engine optimization and marketing